BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mother Deserving A Day

Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. She is like a merchant’s ship, bringing her food from afar. She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.


She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night. Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber. She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy. She has no fear of winter for her household, for everyone has warm clothes.


She makes her own bedspreads. She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns. Her husband is well known at the city gates, where he sits with the other civic leaders. She makes belted linen garments and sashes to sell to the merchants. She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness.


Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.” (Proverbs 31:10-31)


Recently I came across a list of things that Moms really want for Mother’s Day. Here is just a sampling:


*To have a 14-year-old answer a question without rolling her eyes in that "Why is this person my mother?" way.

*Five pounds of chocolate that won’t add twenty.

*A full-time cleaning person who looks like Brad Pitt.

*A grocery store that doesn’t have candy, gum, and cheap toys displayed at the checkout line.

*To have a family meal without a discussion about bodily secretions.

*For a teenager to announce, "Hey, Mom! I got a full scholarship and a job all in the same day!"

No one deserves a special day all to herself more than today's Mom. A cartoon showed a psychologist talking to his patient: "Let's see," he said, "You spend 50 percent of your energy on your job, 50 percent on your husband and 50 percent on your children. I think I see your problem."


Mom, you are the most underappreciated person on the face of the earth. You have influenced my life in ways too numerous to count. Your gifts of selfless service have been felt over and over again in my life. You have been my teacher, my disciplinarian (thanks for not telling dad so many times), my cleaning lady, my chef and baker, my nurse and doctor, my counselor when my heart hurt, and my greatest cheerleader throughout life. You have shaped my heart in so many ways.


I would like to do something special for you on this Mother’s Day. However, when I tried special things in the past you only wanted the warmth of family togetherness and I am sure this year would be no different. So, once again, I say on this day and every day, “I LOVE YOU!” Outside of Jesus Christ and my bride of twenty years, you continue to hold that special place in my heart. I am one fortunate son to have YOU as my mother.


Thanking God For You,


A Son Who Loves His Mother

0 comments: